- First, locate the Remote Desktop Connection icon on your computer. The Remote Desktop Connection can be found in one of these two locations below depending on your version of Windows.
- Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop Connection
- Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Communications -> Remote Desktop connection. (If you don’t have the client, it can be downloaded here.)
- Configure the client. When you click on Remote Desktop Connection, you will see the screen below. Click on Options to display the full menu.
- Click the General tab
For “Computer”, enter virtualdesktop.law.harvard.edu
For “Username”, enter your username in this format: HLS\username
- Click the Experience tab and select the settings below:
- Click the Advanced tab and select the settings below:
- Click Connect. You will see a short warning screen about not saving data to the desktop. Click OK there. Next enter your password in the space, then click the arrow (or press the enter button on your keyboard) to login. Your Virtual Desktop settings will now load and it is now available for use.