Harvard Law School’s brand-new Wasserstein Hall is transforming student life and learning at Harvard Law School. Comprising approximately 250,000 square feet on the corner of Everett Street and Massachusetts Avenue, this new complex is dramatically improving the teaching environment, providing new spaces for student activities, and significantly strengthening the learning community.
Wasserstein Hall also offers employers state-of-the-art facilities where you can hold student events and receptions right on-campus.
Request the Date
Employers must contact OCS for approval for any recruiting events targeted at Harvard Law students. We will use our best efforts to ensure that an employer’s event will not conflict with exam periods and other blackout dates on the academic calendar, OCS programs, and, where possible, other employer events.
Follow these steps to secure a date for an employer event on-campus:
- Go to the OCS Events Calendar. Click on the “Submit Event” button found in the left hand corner of the page.
- Provide the requested information, including the name of the event and proposed date.
- Once you have provided the required information, press “Submit”.
- We will review your submission and email you within two business days to let you know if your request has been approved. Your event is not approved until you receive written confirmation from OCS.
- Once your event is confirmed, it will be publicized on Harvard Law School’s Events Calendar, the OCS website, and the OCS Blog, Hire Ground.
- In order to accommodate employer interest in recruiting HLS students, two employer events may be scheduled on the same evening. Typically, these events are at staggered times to enable students to attend both events. Please make sure to check the OCS calendar to ensure that there are no potential conflicts that may impact your organization’s event.
Employers hosting events in Wasserstein Hall will work directly with an event planner from the HLS Office of Event Scheduling and Support (OES) The event planner will coordinate with the internal HLS caterer to develop your desired menu and assist you with room setup and any other logistical needs. Review the Catering Menu to get started with your planning.
Once you have received your confirmation from OCS, please contact Laura Ferrigno, the OES Assistant Manager of Client Relations and Marketing at 617-495-3129 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Laura will be in touch within 2 business days to being the planning process.
Review information on the capacity of the conference rooms in Wasserstein Hall.
Policies and Procedures for Law Firm Information Sessions and Receptions
- Consistent with the NALP Guidelines employers may not communicate directly or indirectly with first year students before December 1. This rule also prohibits informally arranging meetings with 1Ls during the fall recruitment season, even if the contact is student initiated. Invitations to social functions scheduled before December 1 should be directed only to second and third year students.
- OCS welcomes the opportunity to partner with employers on a variety of programming and events. Partnering with OCS ensures visibility to the entire student population, as well as assistance with logistics to ensure a successful program. Learn how to effectively partner with OCS and to learn about opportunities to get involved in our programming.
- Individual firm information sessions or networking receptions must be open to all students (or students in a particular class year). These events may be held on-campus in the Wasserstein Conference Center or off-campus. Once the date and time of your event has been approved by OCS, the event will be posted on the OCS Career Events Calendar.
- Employers that fail to comply with these policies may not be able to utilize the facilities and services of the Office of Career Services.
Thank you for your interest in Harvard Law School students. Please contact our recruiting department at email@example.com if you wish to schedule your law firm reception or information session. Please contact Elaine Ventola, Assistant Director for J.D. Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Weber, Assistant Dean for Career Services at email@example.com for more information about partnering with the Office of Career Services on programming opportunities.