Experienced Students Interview Questions
- What type of responsibilities have you had in prior work experiences?
- What did you particularly like/dislike about that work?
- What tasks are you especially strong/ weak at doing?
- What major problem did you encounter on a job and how did you handle it?
- How do you think your prior work experience benefits you for this position?
- Why law school after years of prior experience?
- How do you feel about working for someone younger than you or who has less work experience?
- What have you done that shows initiative and creativity?
- Are you a self-starter or do you prefer guidance on projects?
- How do you work under pressure?
- How strong are your writing skills?
- Why did you leave your prior jobs?
- Why have you switched from your previous field to law?
- What are your short/long term career goals?
- Why the career change?
- How are you planning to achieve these goals?
- What two or three things are most important to you in a job?
- What kind of training/supervision do you want?
- How would you describe your ideal job?
- Where do you see yourself five/ten years from now?
- Why our office/organization?
- To what other offices have you applied?
- Why are you looking at this area of specialization?
- What qualifications do you have that will make you successful at this job?
- What would the greatest drawback of this job be for you?
- Why should we select you over all the other candidates?
- Why this city, town or area? What ties do you have here?
Last modified: December 10, 2012