This form is REQUIRED from ALL financial aid recipients, including those receiving only loans, those receiving SPIF, and/or those who did not work during the summer of 2013. The information provided on this form is used to finalize our determination of your student contribution with regard to financial aid for the 2013-2014 academic year. This, in turn, allows us to finalize both your grant eligibility (if you are receiving grant) and any potential future eligibility for loan repayment assistance from LIPP.
In September and October, as part of our fall review process, we will be busy processing the information submitted on this form, along with any of the other information you may be required to complete/submit as part of Step 5 of the financial aid application process. We expect to complete our review process by November 1, 2013. At that time, you will receive notification that your 2013-2014 award and potential LIPP eligibility has been finalized.
Please be sure to only submit this form ONCE. If after submitting the form you wish to make corrections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Definition of Summer
- ENTERING (Class of 2016) Students - Summer is defined as the period between June 1, 2013 and August, 31, 2013.
- RETURNING/CONTINUING and NEWLY ADMITTED TRANSFER (Class of 2015) Students - Summer is defined as the period between the last day of classes for 2012-2013 and the first day of classes for 2013-2014.
Income Documentation/Pay Stub Requirements
While ALL STUDENTS must complete this web form, the following explains which groups of students must also submit documentation of their earnings IN ADDITION TO THIS WEB FORM.
- ENTERING Students (Class of 2016):
- Gross (before taxes) Income Less than $10,000 -- All entering 1Ls whose total earned gross income was less than $10,000 during the summer of 2013 are generally NOT required to submit summer income documentation in the form of a final pay stub since their income is, in most cases, not substantial enough to affect their aid. This is not an absolute. SFS reserves the right to require submission of this documentation from a given entering 1L should the situation warrant it. If it is determined that we do need this documentation, a member of the HLS Student Financial Services staff will contact you directly via email.
- Gross (before taxes) Income Greater than $10,000 -- All entering 1Ls who earned more than $10,000 in income during the summer of 2013 must comply with the income documentation/pay stub requirements for RETURNING/CONTINUING and TRANSFER students (outlined below) in addition to submitting this web form.
- Coming from a Full-Time Job -- Entering students who had a full-time job that continued into the summer of 2013 and who earned more than $10,000 during the summer of 2013 should be sure to annotate their pay stub(s)/documentation in such a way that clarifies which portion of any year-to-date earnings was earned prior to June 1st and what income was earned after June 1st. This can be done by attaching a note to the paystub with the breakdown specifics.
- RETURNING/CONTINUING and NEWLY ADMITTED TRANSFER Students (with NO SPIF awards):
- Non-SPIF, Paying Jobs -- All returning/continuing and new transfer students must submit copies of their FINAL pay stub(s) from ALL summer employers directly to the HLS Student Financial Services Office. This documentation must clearly display total gross earnings from each employer. If for some reason the documentation is unobtainable, you will need to get a letter on company letterhead directly from the corresponding employer (or your supervisor). This letter must provide the dates of your employment, the number of full-time weeks you worked, and the amount of your total gross compensation.
- Non-SPIF, Non-Paying Jobs -- In lieu of submitting a pay stub(s), all students who worked at volunteer (unpaid) positions over the summer must submit a letter on company letterhead directly from the corresponding employer (or your supervisor). The letter must clearly state the dates of your employment, the number of full-time weeks you worked and the fact that your work was unpaid.
- SPIF Recipients - ALL SPIF RECIPIENTS MUST COMPLETE THIS WEB FORM!
- SPIF Funding ONLY -- Returning/Continuing students who received income/funding ONLY from the HLS Summer Funding Program, DO NOT need to submit a pay stub or letter from their SPIF employers. As long as you have complied with all SPIF requirements, we will access all relevant award data directly from out summer funding records.
- SPIF Funding AND Other Income -- Returning/Continuing students who received SPIF funding AND WHO ALSO RECEIVED other income (whether the income was received directly from a SPIF employer in conjunction with a SPIF award OR if it was received from a second non-SPIF employment source), must submit a final pay stub(s) for all income earned directly from ANY employers throughout the summer. This documentation must clearly display total gross earnings from each employer. If for some reason the final pay stub(s) is unobtainable, you will need to get a letter on company letterhead directly from the corresponding employer (or your supervisor). This letter must provide the dates of your employment, the number of full-time weeks you worked, and the amount of your total gross compensation.