Skip to Main Content
An entrance interview is a federally mandated on-line counseling session for any student who wants to borrow a federal student loan. The entrance interview will inform you about your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower such as:
• The types of loans you may be eligible for (subsidized and/or unsubsidized)
• The way in which you spend the federal loans you receive - for authorized educational related expenses only
• Information you are required to report to your servicer once you have received the funds such as an address or name change
• The amount of funding for which you may be eligible
• Interest rate, loan fee and repayment information such as the specific rate of your loan, how interest is charged, if there are loan fees associated with the loan and if any repayment incentives are given for on-time payments.
• Loan benefits such as deferment, forbearance and discharge availabilities
There are many other important details that are reviewed during the Entrance Interview counseling session. You will be required to complete the counseling on line and no loan disbursements will take place until the requirement is satisfied in full.
Back to Top